footer

Sunday 15 March 2015

Happy Mothers Day.....

....... to all the mums out there

As usual I left creating my Mothers Day cards to the last minute.  I haven't used my Silhouette Cameo much and I have an enormous craft stash which I must start using more, so there were no excuses for making a few quick cards.

I went to the Silhouette Store to download some files to cut. The first file I bought was Butterfly Cut Out A2 Card by Jamie Cripps. I liked the background and the idea of a cut out butterfly, but I wanted a more delicate looking butterfly for my Mothers Day cards so I bought Pop-Up Butterfly by Sweet Afton. I merged and resized these files to get what I was imagining in my head.

I wanted my cards to be bright and cheerful, so into the craft stash I ventured in search of materials to use.
WOW! I have some amount of stuff, paper, card, embellisments, ribbons etc. etc. I found things I forgot I even had! I nearly got lost in amongst it all. I eventually emerged with what I was needing and raring to get creating.

Cards were made using cream hammered card
Background layer was from DCWV Pocket Full of Possies Stack .....the time had come to start cutting into this and not just looking and stroking it :)
Solid butterfly was red velum (I'd forgot I even had this in my stash)
Cut out Butterfly was shimmery ivory card (bought this years ago for wedding invitations)
and red raffia was wrapped and tied around the top.




To finish the cards off I created inserts in Photoshop, because I always feel, no card is complete unless it has an insert. 
I was really pleased with how they turned out and made an extra one for my daughter just because I love her.

*note to self - I really should use my Silhouette Cameo more and I need to use up my craft stash, just so I can buy some new crafty materials :)




No comments: