footer

Monday 23 November 2015

Feathers, Dreamcatchers & a Fishy

It's been a wee while since my last post, but my feather obsession continues :)
I've painted another 2 dreamcatchers and theser are available to buy from my shop

Keep Dreaming #3

Keep Dreaming #4

For now I think my feather obssession is almost cured, I've worked it out of my system..... it's time to move onto something else. Just what, I don't know yet!

The weather definitley changed at the weekend, winter is here! We have a wee dusting of snow and it's freezing.




For the last 2 weeks my house has been turned upside down while I get a new kitchen fitted. To start with I wasn't really happy about having this work done as I would be losing my large walk in larder and the back lobby where we keep wet coats and muddy boots. So walls have been knocked down, outside walls insulated and new platerboard is up, got a new ceiling too. It's all slowly coming together, some  of the units have been fitted, but unfortunately the joiner is now doing jury service, so I don't know when he'll be back. The units are ok, not what I would of chose but I can live with them, but the worktop is horrendous. This is one of the downfalls of living in a Scottish Estate house, someone in the estate office decides what kitchen will be fitted. Also in the last 2 weeks we've had the central heating not working, pipes leaking, washing machine broke down!..............my stress levels this weekend peaked and I thought my head would explode lol so to calm and chill myself I stuck a peice of watercolour paper to my drawing board and when I felt stressed I doodled with the watercolours left on my palette...... I just doodled and doodled and my mind wandered and I created a little fishy doodle.

So I still have workmen in my kitchen with the front door wide open and I'm freezing, but I have a ham joint cooking in the slow cooker and smelling yummy and I'm not going to stress anymore because my dream cooker should be getting delivered today. Hopefully my kitchen will be finished by the weekend and I'm looking forward to cooking on my new cooker :)