footer

Wednesday 4 November 2015

Feather Obsession

Over the past couple of weeks I seem to have developed a wee obsession for painting feathers and dreamcatchers. Totally enjoying working away from my computer for a while and discovering more about working with watercolours.

It was my youngest sons girlfriends birthday and he asked me to paint her a dreamcatcher using shades of purple and grey. At last I've managed to get the stringing on the dreamcatcher look better, I created a cardboard template to draw around of the shape I wanted. Still not totally happy with my feathers but my sons girlfirend loved her painting.




I found a watercolour tutorial on You Tube of how to paint feathers and I love this technique. I now have lots of lovely feathers in my watercolour pad.
I decided to use a few of these feathers to create a wee greeting/note/inspirational card design, which can be purchased from my online shop over on Etsy or there's a Special Offer on my Facebook page, both being DeborahDeyDesigns.


I love my puffins so much I have now created some keyrings to share with special people in my life and thes can only be purchased direct from me through my Facebook page, DeborahDeyDesigns.


I also finished a watercolour landscape which I had started, I am very pleased with how this turned out and will be attempting some more landscapes in the future.

It's been a busy couple of weeks, but I'm enjoying all this painting. Christmas is getting nearer and I haven't even started on a Christmas card design, I'm way behind this year. So today will be spent developing an idea I have for this and at the moment I'm thinking this wil be a digital design, but all that could change. :)

Are you ready for Christmas?

No comments: