footer

Thursday 21 May 2015

Redwood Gallery

It's raining again today (Scottish weather, but thinking positive thoughts....Summer is coming!) I decided on a wee drive along to Redwood Gallery in Echt, Aberdeenshire this afternoon.


I love this little shop, it is packed full of amazing and beautiful things. The window display was bursting with colour that brightened up the dull day.


The other window had a lovely hand painted heart (bit hard to see from my photo) and I love the vintage cake stand. I can imagine scones and cupcakes on there, or maybe tiny triangle sandwiches and strawberry tarts :)


Over the next couple of weeks the gallery is running a Heart Shaped Art Exhibition ......which I know I've already posted about earlier today..... can't believe I've blogged twice in one day! Look at these paintings, such intricate patterns and beautiful colours,by Nicola Dallas. My favourite is the heart in the black frame. 


A tree of hearts


More hearts and could that be my very own Highland Coos?


 The Gallery sells a plethora of items, there's photographic prints......oh there's the Forth Bridge....I miss seeing the bridge.....must get down to Fife for a visit soon.



There's also original watercolours and oil paintings, jewellery and greeting cards. Sculptures, woodturned and carved creations. I like the use of the old (recycling) computer motherboard on this handmade wooden box.


 Theres also painted furniture small and large and a selction of vintage items.


Natural home fragrances


 Crystals


and just arrived today some amazing digitally manipulated photography prints by Beate Allerton.
WOW! these have to been seen,



and I mustn't forget there's also the worlds smallest Tearoom (unofficially).

The Gallery is well worth a visit :)

Have you been to Redwood Gallery? Do you have any work displayed there?

No comments: