footer

Tuesday 29 November 2011

Winter is most.....

..... definitely here! It's been cold frosty damp wet and windy, so far the snow has decided not to make an appearance just yet, but I'm sure it's on it's way. Something that is on it's way is Christmas, I can't believe how quick the days are passing and how disorganised I am this year. I haven't bought any presents yet or even wrote out my Christmas card list. I think I better get a move on and make a start.
I had been hoping to have the whole house decorated by Christmas, but I can't see that happening now. We have been putting off decorating as there was a chance we would be moving, but it looks like we are staying here for now so I need to get the paint and brushes out and get this place brightened and freshened up. Thanks to Gumtree, 2 men and a van I now have a very nice storage solution for a lot of my art and craft supplies, which won't look out of place when I need to use this room as a dining room.

I haven't been feeling very creative over the last few days, but yesterday I made a small felt Christmas tree decoration. I think I will pop this in with the next wee letter I write to my grandsons.Hopefully this coming week will be more of a creative one, I have so many ideas that I want to get making. I did make a start on another Christmas decoration yesterday, which I am going to put up a small tutorial about. This has had to be put on hold for now as I was using my laminator and it's broke so got to get a new one. So tutorial will be up as soon as new laminator is settled into my craft room :)

I was out feeding the chickens this morning and noticed these fungi growing on the log pile that's waiting to be sawn up for the winter fires. They are just calling for a fairy to appear, so I might have to have a wee play in Photoshop later :)


No comments: